This package contains information to transform a game of 'Oh Deer' into a lab, suitable for a grade 9 general science class. I have used the Oh Deer game here to develop the following:
- Lab experiment outline and rules (1 page)
- Informal lab and graphing requirements (1 page)
- Discussion questions (1 page)
- Formal lab marking rubric (1 page)
- Informal lab marking (1 page)
This game is used to show how the availability of nutrients, water, and shelter can affect the population of deer (students), as the population either increases or decreases. The game can also include a set of wolves (also played by students, similar to a game of tag), to show predator-prey relationships as well.