Also included in
- Mix and match 60+ graphic organizers and 90+ task cards with any fiction or nonfiction text. Each complex Common Core Reading Standard is broken down into easy-to-understand student tasks. Each student task is now a graphic organizer or task card. Take out the guess work and meet reading standards e$10.00$14.00Save $4.00
Mix and match 90+ task cards with any fiction or nonfiction text. Each complex Common Core Reading Standard is broken down into easy-to-understand student tasks. Each student task is now a task card. Take out the guess work and meet reading standards every time. Challenge students by requiring close reading.
The task cards are:
* organized by standards
* require close reading/re-reading
I also included a unique feature: Each task card has a graphic organizer or some way for students to record their answers in their notebooks.
I also always struggle with writing challenging and thought-provoking reading discussion questions. With the task cards, it’s easy to mix and match them according to the text at hand… and to make every question standards-based.
The set of task cards for LITERATURE includes such skills as:
* Discovering the theme
* Exploring the author's use of language (denotation, connotation, figurative language, sound devices, symbols, allusions, and more)
* Exploring connections between story elements, such as plot-character, setting-theme, and character-conflict
* Examining point of view and purpose
* Comparing a text with an artistic version of it
... and much more.
This set of task cards for INFORMATIONAL TEXT includes such skills as:
* Backing claims about the text using direct & inferential evidence
* Discovering the central idea
* Examining the text structure of an entire text and a specific paragraph
* Analyzing arguments
... and much more.
BEFORE PURCHASING MULTIPLE GRADE LEVELS, PLEASE NOTE: Task Cards for each grade build on those from previous grades. As a general rule, if you teach multiple grades, the set of task cards for the higher grade level should be sufficient. Please purchase task cards for multiple grade levels at your discretion.
* “I love that these have little graphic organizers that can guide the students in their thinking and gathering evidence. Evidence is really important to the CCSS.” – Kathryn L.
* “This was my first attempt at using task cards, and it worked really well. The kids came up with some great responses.” – Jo Ann M.
* “This was productive in helping students improve their comprehension.”
Save with a bundle: BUNDLE: Grades 9-10 Common Core Close Reading Graphic Organizers AND Task Cards