Also included in
- Mix and match 60+ graphic organizers and 90+ task cards with any fiction or nonfiction text. Each complex Common Core Reading Standard is broken down into easy-to-understand student tasks. Each student task is now a graphic organizer or task card. Take out the guess work and meet reading standards e$10.00$14.00Save $4.00
Mix and match 60+ graphic organizers with any fiction or nonfiction text. Each complex Common Core Reading Standard is broken down into easy-to-understand student tasks. Each student task is now a graphic organizer. Take out the guess work and meet reading standards every time. Challenge students by requiring close reading.
These graphic organizers are:
* organized by standards
* require close reading/re-reading
* meant to be used with short excerpts of longer texts for deeper engagement
* usable for prewriting
The set of graphic organizers for LITERATURE includes such skills as:
* Discovering the theme
* Exploring the author's use of language (denotation, connotation, figurative language, sound devices, symbols, allusions, and more)
* Exploring connections between story elements, such as plot-character, setting-theme, and character-conflict
* Examining point of view and purpose
* Comparing a text with an artistic version of it
... and much more.
This set of graphic organizers for INFORMATIONAL TEXT includes such skills as:
* Backing claims about the text using direct & inferential evidence
* Discovering the central idea
* Examining text structure (patterns of organization and types of supporting details)
* Analyzing arguments
... and much more.
BEFORE PURCHASING MULTIPLE GRADE LEVELS, PLEASE NOTE: Graphic organizers for each grade build on those from previous grades. As a general rule, if you teach multiple grades, the set of graphic organizers for the higher grade level should be sufficient. Please purchase graphic organizers for multiple grade levels at your discretion.
* “Used this all the time in my English class!” – Harold H.
* "These graphic organizers are amazing. Not only do I use them with my students, but they are super helpful in helping teachers understand the objective of the standards. I use them with everything! By far, this is my favorite product on TeachersPayTeachers!”
* “Parents love these. It shows them which standards are being addressed.” – Kristin