- Framework for Grade Five Science Ontario Curriculum: Human Organ System, Forces acting on Structures and Mechanisms, Matter and Energy, Conservation of Energy and Resources
- Hands on Inquiry-based Activities tied into each Unit
- Hands on Introductory Inquiry-Based Activities to do in September
- 21st century inquiry-based resource linked to the science and technology program.
- Teachers use numerous resources to build their science program from grade 1 up to grade 8 resulting in different entry points for the students as they move from one grade level to the next. At the intermediate (junior high) and high school level, teachers are having to review or reteach important steps to inquiry that should have been practiced in the earlier grades. E.g., Observation skills, conducting experiments, if/then statements, independent and dependent variables etc.
- A confident and experienced teacher can facilitate and execute engaging science lessons, but a clear, relevant, scaffolded science resource that ties directly to the ontario curriculum will support all teachers, thus bringing an aligned consistent program across the grades.
- This is a Grade Five Resource (more grades available)