This package includes 5 activities and a list of tried-tested-and-true ice breaker activities.
1) "I Can't Funeral" - students make a list of all the things they 'can't' do and say goodbye to them. "I Can't" is survived by "I will", "I can" and "I'll try".
2) September Eye Spy - students must find things around the classroom that begin with each letter of September.
3) Name Plate - students create their own name plate for their desks. One side has questions about themselves to answer, the other has a light grey line to help them create a border, within which they decorate their name. Also helpful for supply teachers.
4) Two Truths and a Lie - students fill out this page to show two truth things about their summer and one not true thing. These can be displayed in the hallway and are always a success with other students, especially siblings.
5) My Summer in Numbers - students fill this page out with the number of things they did this summer. For example - 1 trip to Wonderland, 2 nights at Grandma's, 3 sleepovers with my best friend, 4 swims in the pool, 5 ice cream treats. (I don't usually insist that the higher numbers be entirely accurate, but more of "lots of" this particular thing).
The Ice Breaker list has 11 games that I use regularly in my classroom all year.
This package comes with font-protected PDF's and the documents I created on Pages on Mac (you'll need Pages to edit them, and the font may vary).
Ready to print and use! I often use these as activity centers during the first week of school. They are independent enough that I am able to do things like PM Benchmarking and other assessments while the class gets going on these productive activities!