“Climate Types for Students with Hearing Impairments”
10 Total Pages
This educational resource pack includes:
● Grades 3-5 Informational Text: Climate Types
● Enhanced for students with Hearing Impairments: tactile and verbal and auditory prompts applied. Students with hearing impairments may use speech, lip reading, hearing aids and/or amplification systems to enhance oral communication. Headphones with blue-tooth compatibility can also improve their mobility. However, it helps to use visual aids whenever possible, including captioned versions of videos and films. Also, provide unfamiliar vocabulary in written form, on the blackboard, or in a handout.
Here are hearing impaired teaching strategies: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/HI-Hearing-Impairments-or-Deafness-Teaching-Strategies-142578
● Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels regarding: reciting, identifying, comparing, then critiquing and explaining.
● Fill in the Blanks Tests with Answers Recordings.
● ESSA - Well-Rounded concept: Reading, Writing and Informational Text Including: point to, circle the correct answer, trace, cut and paste, write or touch correct answers.
● Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model)
● A teacher can use the completed worksheets or video of student reactions as proof of completion.
● Red print relates to the teacher, parent or for self-instruction.
● Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily.
COVER AND INTRODUCTORY PAGE: First two pages.
WRKSHT 1: Definitions of 5 different climate types.
WRKSHT 2: Key Terms with definitions and pictures.
WRKSHT 3: Identifying the climate clue. Circling the right answer.
WRKSHT 4: Comparing climates; cut & paste correct answer.
WRKSHT 5: Critique the climates; discussing favorite aspects of climates; cut and paste.
WRKSHT 6: Critique the climates; discussing disliked aspects of climates; cut and paste.
WKRSHT 7: Wordsearch with keywords.
CERTIFICATE: Last page is for proof of completion.