“Climate Types for Students with Traumatic Brain Injuries”
10 Total Pages
This educational resource pack includes:
● Grades 3-5 Informational Text: Climate Types
● Enhanced for students with a Traumatic Brain Injury: tactile, verbal, and auditory prompts applied.
● Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels regarding: reciting, identifying, comparing, then critiquing and explaining.
● Fill in the Blanks Tests with Answers Recordings.
● ESSA - Well-Rounded concept: Reading, Writing and Informational Text Including: point to, circle the correct answer, trace, cut and paste, write or touch correct answers.
● Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model)
● Teacher can use the completed worksheets or video of student reactions as proof of completion.
● Red print relates to the teacher, parent or for self-instruction.
● Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily.
A media player is required for recordings.
Students with TBI require visual, auditory, and hands-on approaches.
Teaching strategies for students with TBI link:
COVER AND INTRODUCTORY PAGE: First two pages.
WRKSHT 1: Definitions of 5 different climate types.
WRKSHT 2: Key Terms with definitions and pictures.
WRKSHT 3: Identifying the climate clue. Circling the right answer.
WRKSHT 4: Comparing climates; cut & paste correct answer.
WRKSHT 5: Critique the climates; discussing favorite aspects of climates; cut & paste.
WRKSHT 6: Critique the climates; discussing disliked aspects of climates; cut & paste.
WKRSHT 7: Wordsearch with key words.
CERTIFICATE: Last page is for proof of completion.
Students with Traumatic Brain Injuries learn by using visual, auditory, and hands-on approaches.