I have had some requests to offer my calendar sets as a bundle, so here it is! This is a year-long routine for your grades 4-5 students. If you teach grades 1-3, check out
Grades 1-3 Common Core-Aligned SmartBoard Math Calendar
This mega-bundle includes all my grades 4-5 calendar files for a complete year’s worth of calendar instruction.
There are two components to this math calendar. The first is the Core Calendar, which is an 8-page Smart Notebook file that gets saved every day, because you keep adding to the elements.
Math Skills Addressed in the Core Calendar:
• prime, composite, and square numbers
• how to find all the factors of any given number between 1-180
• divisibility rules
• multiples/multiplication facts
• money/making change
• moving around a calendar
The second component is the Day Files. Each Day File is a 3-page Smart Notebook file, (except for Set 1, which is 2 pages, while students are learning the routines). Each set of Day Files has a different theme, which keeps student engagement high. They get more complex and the skills build on each other as the year progresses. There are lots of interactive elements, which the students love! You only use each Day File once a year, so you don’t save it after use. That way, it resets and will be ready for next year’s class.
In all, you will receive:
• 8-page Core Calendar File
• 180 days of 2-3 page Day Files, for a total of over 525 interactive SMARTBoard pages! (That’s less than $0.10 a page!)
• 20 pages of student recording sheets, (10 different types in two sizes)
• 18 pages of detailed directions, including scripts of how I do each component.
Over the course of the year, concepts addressed include:
• identifying fractions
• finding fractions of a group
• fractions on a number line
• ordering/comparing fractions
• Adding and subtracting fractions
• equivalent fractions
• simplifying fractions
• converting fractions to percent
• converting percents to decimals
• reading/writing/comparing decimals
• decimal fractions
• perimeter/area of quadrilaterals and triangles
• congruent shapes
• translation, reflection, rotation
• line/angle/polygon vocabulary
• triangles: equilateral, right, isosceles, scalene
• finding missing angle measures
• place value to ten million’s place
• expanded notation
• data: mean, median, mode, range
• telling time to the minute
• elapsed time, forward and backward
• algebraic reasoning
• rounding to the million’s place
• 3-D shapes and nets
• number riddles/mental math
• rounding up to the million’s place
• Function Robot (input/output)
• analyze and continue number patterns
• analyze and continue picture patterns
• generate a given pattern
• coordinate grids
Download 2 Free Day Files!
To see more detail about what is included in each set, visit the individual product links.
Core Calendar and Set 1
Day Files Set 2
Day Files Set 3
Day Files Set 4
Day Files Set 5
Day Files Set 6
Day Files Set 7
Day Files Set 8
Purchasing this mega-bundle saves you $16 on the price of purchasing each element separately. That’s like getting two sets of Day Files for free!
***Please note that these are SMART Notebook files. You must have Notebook software for them to work properly. If you have a different type of software, please be sure to download the Free Day Files
to see if they work.
The preview file also has interactive elements and actual page samples to try out.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the little green star near my logo on any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then be notified when I post new products!
Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for checking out my file!
Cathy McGaffin, aka Downeast Teach