Need a quick way to review key math concepts?
Try TJ's Grade 5-8 Math Review Bank!
Knowing how to do problems for homework is not enough. Students must understand the basic concepts well if they want to master math.
This review pack of 250+ question prompts, arranged by concept/strand provides a quick and easy way for you to quiz student or for student to review independently.
Students are asked to explain concepts, spell key terms, or perform a math activity.
Assign the prompts to students as a daily review activity or use to wrap up a unit!
Don't wrack your brain trying to come up with meaningful review questions. TJ has done the grind work for you!
Covers the following topics:
ROUNDING NUMERALS ROMAN NUMERALS
PROPERTIES OF ADDITION
PROPERTIES OF MULTIPLICATION
Sample Question Prompts:
157.0Which number in a fraction tells how many parts there are in the whole of something?
158. What are equal fractions (fractions showing the same amount)
159. Find the first four equal fractions for a given fraction. What is the shortcut method of finding equal
160. How do we tell if a fraction is simplified or not (simplified if it is proper and the GCF is 1)
161. How do we reduce a fraction? (break the denominator and numerator into their prime
factorizations and cancel out common factors)
197. What is the approximate value of pi in decimal form? in fractional form?
198. What is pi defined as? (circumference/diameter)
199. What is volume?
249. What do coordinates tell? (position)
250. Which number of an ordered pair tells you the “x” coordinate? the” y” coordinate?
251. Which axis is vertical? horizontal?
252. Identify the four quadrants.
253. Given a coordinate (ordered pair), tell what quadrant it is in.
254. Given a point, tell its coordinates
255. Spell: coordinate, quadrant, vertical, horizontal.