Weekly Interactive Lesson Plan Templates Aligned to the Middle School Grades 6-8 Mathematics Common Core Standards!
PLEASE READ NOTE AT BOTTOM OF THIS PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The interactive features in this document will not work on a Mac.
Middle School Math Teachers:
Are you required to align your lesson plans with the Middle School , Grades 6-8 Mathematics Common Core Standards?
Do you want a lesson plan template that will save you time in planning your lessons?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then these lesson plan templates ARE FOR YOU!
This set of General Education Middle Grades, 6-8 lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the Middle School Level Common Core State Standards in the area of Mathematics; and (2) fully interactive with drop down menus, check boxes and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning lesson for your Middle School students. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans!
EACH OF THE THREE MATH GRADE LEVEL TEMPLATES CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS: Identifying Information, Common Core Standards Focus, Learning Targets/I Can Statements, Essential Questions, Materials/Instructional Resources, Integration of Technology, Scaffolding Extensions - IEP/504 Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services – both General and subject specific, Procedures, Evaluation, and Notes/Reflections. Each section is explained more fully below.
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the teacher’s name, the unit/theme being studied, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. Common Core State Standards – with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for the lesson with a section for each domain in the area of mathematics;
3. A section for Learning Targets/I Can Statements, Essential Questions, and Materials/Instructional Resources with plain text content control typing fields;
4. A section for Integration of Technology with drop down menu for selecting the specific strategy for integrating technology into the lesson;
5. A section for Scaffolding Extensions - General and Subject Specific Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services – with drop down menus for selecting up to three general and three subject-specific accommodations, modifications, and supplemental aides and services to document that you are employing differentiation strategies and addressing the needs of your special needs learners;
6. A Procedures section with space to include explicit instructional strategies for five days (Explanation/Modeling – I Do It; Guided Practice - We Do It; Independent Practice – You Do It and a Closure section – all with plain text content control typing fields) - set also includes templates with generic instructional format for those who may not utilize the Explicit Instructional format;
7. An Evaluation section with space to specify the Formative Assessments you will use for each of the five days. The specific formative assessment to be used can be selected from a drop down menu – just click on the selected assessment and it is inserted into the document! The Evaluation section also contains space for you to select from a drop down menu the Summative Assessment you will use as well as a Scoring Rubric section for you to type in the criteria for four levels of performance; and
8. A Notes/Reflections section with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the lesson and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the lesson or notes for follow-up after the lesson has been conducted.
This lesson plan set contains templates for Middle School Mathematics, one for each grade level 6-8.
This is THE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE for Middle School Math Teachers! These lesson plan templates contain everything you need to complete thorough lesson plans, aligned to the common core and using research-based instructional and assessment strategies.
If you have any questions regarding these Lesson Plan Templates, feel free to contact me and...HAPPY (SPEEDY) PLANNING!
These templates are Word documents created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features will not work on a Mac computer or a PC with Windows 2003.
Note: There is a character limitation in the drop down menus. No more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list or displayed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit will be cut off when inserted into the document.
*****PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH THE DROP DOWN MENUS IN THESE DOCUMENTS ON A MAC MACHINE. OFFICE FOR THE MAC DOES NOT SUPPORT MACROS. THEREFORE, THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES IN THIS DOCUMENT (DROP DOWN MENUS, TEXT FIELDS, ETC) WILL NOT WORK ON A MAC MACHINE.