This is a .pdf handout with explanations of descriptors/requirements for more developed sketchbook drawing assignments (aka “How do I get a GOOD grade on Sketchbook Drawings?”), and can be used as descriptors for grading and/or rubrics for drawings.
I created this sheet as a response to common problems I observed with student drawings, to address misconceptions and common elements that students would try to omit in their work.
The seven topics/requirements addressed in this handout are:
1. Drawing should be signed and dated.
2. Drawing correctly fulfills the topic.
3. Drawing has a lot of detail and visual texture.
4. Drawing fills ⅔ of the page or more.
5. Drawing has a developed background.
6. Drawings are done neatly and to your best ability.
7. Drawings are colored in completely and/or shaded using a variety of values.
This handout is great for use in conjunction with my Sketchbook Drawing Topics Bundle:
I am happy to answer questions or help you to use any of the resources in the "Make Art Be Happy" store - just let me know!