Graduating from one class to another is a BIG transition! This 36 page unit provides a framework for the past school year but it also moves kids into the summer months. It's appropriate for children moving into kindergarten or kindergarteners moving to first grade.
I’ve included some writing activities. When kids are pre-writers, dictation can be time consuming but if you have help, it’s such a great way to give kids an opportunity to “read” meaningful print!
The unit includes a Memory Book families will treasure.
Here's what's included in this unit:
Activities and Centers
* “At School I like...” Discussion Cards
* The Day a Friendly Monster Came to School
* Compliment Cards (little cards children share with each other)
* Graduation Image Cards: Count, Sort, Sequence
* “End of the Year” Memory Book
* School Memories
* This is What I Look Like
* My Favorite Things to do At School
* My Favorite Things
* I Am Really Good At
* My Teacher Is Special Because
* My Friends Are Special Because
* Five Words That Describe Me
* Fan Pages: Your Autograph, Please
Looking forward to summer:
* My Picture of a Summer Day -
* What I Need This Summer: My List
* Join My Summer Club
* So Many Ways to Say Good-by
Thanks so much for stopping by. I love comments. If you can take a few moments to leave feedback I would really appreciate it. AND, if you become a follower, you'll be notified when I upload new things and FREEBIES.
Edna Wallace, Lickety Split Lessons and Stuff
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find me on Pinterest at: pinterest.com/ednawallace