Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Grammar Busters are daily warm up activities that teach students the 16 most essential punctuation rules for periods, exclamation points, question marks, colons, semicolons, hyphens, em dashes, ellipses, and apostrophes using their own writing (please note: comma rules are mastered using a separate product, Grammar Busters: Comma Rules). Students read the rules and an example, rewrite it in their own words, find examples of the rule in action from their own writing (or write an example if they can't find one), and describe how the rule will be applied in future writing. Grammar Busters are based on a wealth of research that grammar is best learned in a meaningful context. The best part? Grammar Busters are editable and require ZERO PRINTING! Simply display Grammar Busters on your SmartBoard or projector screen, and students complete the work on lined paper.
Included in Grammar Busters:
- 42 Slides of Grammar Buster Warm-Ups and Review
- Daily Warm-Ups that teach 16 different punctuation rules (each warm-up will take 5-10 minutes)
- Reviews at the end of each week
- A Super Mission Review to implement at the end of this four week study
- A rubric for grading
- Teacher and Student instructions
- Digital Links so you can use this product as a PowerPoint or in Google Slides
Grammar Busters is 100% editable to best meet your students' needs!
Check out my other Grammar Busters products: