Also included in
- You know your students desperately need help with your grammar, but where do you even begin? With this Grammar Lessons Bundle of course! Skip the prep and don't worry about sequencing--it's all done for you in this bundle of PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL grammar lessons!This bundle will give you everything$22.80$28.50Save $5.70
Help your students build a solid grammar foundation by teaching clauses and sentence types! Understanding how clauses can be linked together to create a variety of sentence structures will help your students craft and punctuate their own writing. This PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL lesson covers independent and dependent clauses; simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences; and coordinating and subordinating conjunctions.
The included slideshow will explain clauses and sentence types with examples. As the lesson and slideshow progress, students will stop intermittently to complete activities on the included worksheets to reinforce the new information. After the lesson, they'll finish these worksheets and review the four sentence types.
The activities on the included worksheets aim to get students to better understand sentence structure in order to improve their own writing and punctuation use.
If students need to review any of the material in this lesson, they can refer back to the included Sentence Types Handout. This is a resource that students will use long after the lesson is over!
- Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Student Reference Handout (PDF)
- PARTIALLY-EDITABLE Google Slides Presentation
- Student Worksheets
- NON-EDITABLE Printable PDF
- EDITABLE Google Doc
- Answer Key (PDF)
The whole resource can be seen in the preview. Please look at the preview prior to purchase to ensure that this test will work for you and your students. Google Doc versions of the included worksheet may be formatted differently to better suit their digital nature but will include the same content.
- FREE Coordinating Conjunctions Poster
- Why Grammar? Introductory Lesson
- Sentences Lesson
- Verbals Lesson
- Apostrophes Lesson
- Colons Lesson
- Semicolons Lesson
- Hyphens and Dashes Lesson
- Commas Lesson
***This resource consists of editable and non-editable PDFs and Google files within a Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, is included in the preview.