This interactive grammar activity is great for students in grades Pre-K thru 2nd grade. This hands on activity will keep your kiddos engaged and thinking as they work on learning and using grammar concepts is/are, was/were, and has/have.
These 'grammar kids' are large, to be fun and easy to hold for little hands :) They also offer visual support for specific grammar concepts.
- 6 grammar kids: is, are, was, were, has, have
- 40 action cards to be attached to clothespins ( clothespins not provided in activity )
How to Play:
- Choose a grammar kid and corresponding action clothespins. Is/was/has should be used with the single, boy/girl clothespins. Are/were/have should be used with the children in pairs. There are 20 clothespins for each group, e.g 20 singular children and 20 children pairs.
- Have the student clip the clothespin to the correct grammar kid. Then, they may state what the child is doing using the correct grammar target, e.g. ‘She is running.’
- If the student needs support creating sentences, you may use the included sentence strips. There are strips with and without visuals for various levels of support.
If you are looking for more grammar activities you may like:
For more 'Clip' activities checkout:
** Updated 4/19/15 ** Worksheets have been added for you to use as reinforcement or homework. There are 3 works, each targeting a different pair: is/are, was/were, and has/have.