Looking for an engaging, rigorous holiday-themed grammar activity for your students?
This grammar escape room is perfect for those last days before winter break — or any time during the winter season — when students are bouncing off the walls but still need to learn.
Students will review grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and agreement with these 16 holiday-themed task cards. Each card contains three different sentences, for a total of 48 sentences. The task cards are available with and without borders.
This product is included in my Secondary English Escape Room Bundle
Your download includes
* 12 sentences for determining correct or incorrect structure and grammar
* 12 sentences for determining pronoun-antecedent and subject-verb agreement
* 12 sentences for determining punctuation location
* 12 sentences for determining sentence structure (simple, compound, complex, compound-complex)
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page and link to overview instruction video
* four different Google forms with four different secret phrases
Please note: Eight of the task cards refer to "holidays," while eight use excerpts from Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol," which does at times reference Christmas. Two of the secret phrases refer to Santa, while the other two refer simply to the holiday or winter season. You can choose which secret phrases to use based on your classroom.
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but four different “secret phrases.”
In teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase.￼
Looking for a similar escape room for Valentine's Day?
❤️ Grammar Escape Room Valentine's Day Theme
Looking for more escape room products? Check them out here: