Physical CD and Teacher's Guide with Clever rap, hip-hop, club dance and rock songs to promote English literacy. Perfect for students from Grade 3 to Grade 9, help your students with English spelling, speaking, reading and writing. These songs are designed for use in the regular English (or Language Arts) classroom or in the ESL classroom. I call it "Grammar Jams 2" but don't be fooled by the title. It's more than just English grammar.
SONG TITLE / SONG DESCRIPTION
Mispeled Wirdz - A rap song that is GUARANTEED to improve your students spelling of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language. Yes, we guarantee it!
Prefix-ation - Students understand words better when they understanding the meaning of prefixes. This song has you and your students covered forever!
Suffix-ation - teachers know that if students understand the meaning of suffixes, it means more words will be understood and less trips to the dictionary. This catchy song burns these meanings into their minds.
Question Words - Students will understand the meaning of the 6 question words which will lead to better article writing and more!
Tongue Fixters - Fun with phonics! This fun rap song has students repeating their way to better pronunciation and presentation skills!
The Pronoun Song - A catchy song designed to teach English pronouns.
Rhyming Song - Poems do not have to rhyme. But rhyming makes poems and life a lot more fun! This song helps students become a poet before they even know it!
To Make Do - A song that concentrates on the verbs to make and to do and when to use them contextually.
All About Poetry - A song that covers ALL the mandatory grade 8 expectation. Students learn all about poetry in ONE song!
The Positive Song - Perhaps more important than books and tests is the way teachers can teach students about choices, life, planning and goal setting. This song challenges students to think about their future!
Grammar Jams 2 designed to meet the following goals:
• Advance learners’ understanding of several, specific grammatical and thematic English language structures
• Improve understanding of English writing skills
• Improve understanding of English reading and word-recognition skills
• Target the most commonly misspelled words in the English language
• Introduce spelling techniques and improve understanding of spelling in learners
• Expose learners to the most commonly used words in the English language including those on Dolch’s list and other professionally recognized English word lists
• Use songs that engage learners inductively, through singing and physical movement
• Accomplish all of the above goals by combining popular styles of music with catchy grammar and thematic songs that improve English literacy