What’s the point?
Grammar and parts of speech is an area of instruction that often gets pushed to the wayside in favor of other more highly-stressed content areas, but sound grammatical knowledge empowers students to become greater readers and writers across all content areas.
How it works:
While this activity was designed as an interactive notebook learning tool, there are many different ways to utilize this resource with your students:
* cut and glue pockets into interactive notebooks, asking students to sort sentence cards into corresponding pocket
* students can use blank word cards to add their own sentences. to the pockets as they read or write independently
* create a grammar learning station using pockets glued into a file folder and sorting cards
This Grammar Bundle #1 includes:
* Types of Sentences
* Parts of Speech
* Complete vs. Incomplete Sentences
* blank sorting card template