Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and figurative language feature in this year-long resource. With activities, task cards, and assessments, you can cover the integral surface and deep feature skills required to become a proficient writer. This resource is presented in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. This would be a handy resource for a relieving teacher too.
The Super Literacy Skills Activity Pack content is closely tied to the New Zealand Curriculum and will help to prepare your students to meet the requirements of the NZ Writing Standards and Literacy Progressions for Year 3 and 4.
**This product features NZ spelling and paper sizes**
Skills are introduced clearly and then revisited so your students can learn, practice and excel!
In our Super Skills Literacy Pack (Year 3 and 4) you will receive:
• 40 activity sheets (in both colour and black and white versions) featuring writing, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and vocabulary activities (one for each week of the school year.
• Answer sheets for each activity sheet
• A comprehensive teacher information pack explaining the purpose of the product, its suggested use and the literacy skill definitions and rules.
• FOUR end-of-term assessments, designed to be used after each set of ten activity sheets (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40.
• Four definition and rule mini-posters for your students to refer to while using this product, and in their general writing time. These come in both colour and black and white!
• 20 Figurative Multi-Choice Challenge Task Cards
- 7 definition cards that explain the meaning of the various types of figurative language
- An answer key
- A student answer sheet.
o Introduces and revisits concepts.
o Kid-friendly superhero theme throughout!
o Assessments (and answers) provided!
o Targeted at a Year 3/4 level.
Literacy Skills featured:
** Nouns, Verbs, Pronouns, Verb Tenses, Adjectives, Proper nouns, Conjunctions, Prepositions, Precise Verbs
** Simple Sentences, Compound Sentences, Complex Sentences, Sentence Openers, Sentence Punctuation
** Full stops, Capital Letters, Commas for lists, Speech Marks, Question Marks, Exclamation Marks
** Synonyms, Antonyms, Similes, Thesaurus Skills, Alliteration, Onomatopoeia
** Consonants and Vowels, Plural Rules, Prefixes, Suffixes, Syllables
** PLUS 29 engaging writing prompts!
Uses in your classroom:
• Use as a follow-up activity after literacy skills teaching.
• Use as an independent activity as part of a literacy rotation.
• Use as a homework task.
• Use as an early finisher activity.
• Work through an activity sheet with a small group.
After our Year 5 and 6 Literacy Skills pack? Click here!
After our Year 7 and 8 Literacy Skills pack? Click here!
Other Super Skill Literacy Products:
-Literacy Skills Rules and Definitions Poster Bundle
-Parts of Speech Posters
-Figurative Language Posters
-Mini Literacy Skills Rule and Definition Posters
For our full Literacy Skills Range (including our Year 5 and 6 pack), click here
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click on the green star to follow!
Stay in touch
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Pin with us on Pinterest!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!