Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and figurative language feature in this year-long resource. With activities, task cards, and an assessment, you can cover the integral surface and deep feature skills required to become a proficient writer. This resource is presented in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. This would be a handy resource for a relieving teacher too.
The Super Literacy Skills Activity Pack content is closely tied to the New Zealand Curriculum and will help to prepare your students to meet the requirements of the NZ Writing Standards and Literacy Progressions for Year 7 and 8.
This product features British spelling and paper sizes.
Skills are introduced clearly and then revisited so your students can learn, practice and excel!
If you are after this product PLUS our dynamic literacy skills posters and figurative language challenge task cards, click here!
In our Super Skills Literacy Pack (Year 7 and 8) you will receive:
- 40 activity sheets featuring writing, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, figurative language, word work and vocabulary activities (one for each week of the school year).
- Answer sheets for each activity sheet
- A comprehensive teacher information pack explaining the purpose of the product, its suggested use and the literacy skill definitions and rules.
- A pre-test, with answers, to find out what your students already know.
- A Four definition and rule mini-posters for your students to refer to while using this product, and in their general writing time. These come in both colour and black and white!
- 20 Figurative Multi-Choice Challenge Task Cards
- 7 definition cards that explain the meaning of the various types of figurative language
- An answer key
- A student answer sheet.
- Introduces and revisits concepts.
- Student friendly-friendly superhero theme throughout!
- Assessment (and answers) provided!
- Covers the majority of Year 7/8 literacy progressions for writing.
Literacy Skills featured:
- Verbs, Verb Tenses, Ordering Adjectives, Conjunctions, Contractions, Prepositions, Precise Verbs
- Compound Sentences, Complex Sentences, Sentence Openers, Sentence Punctuation, Sentence Lengths
- Commas, Speech Marks, Question Marks, Exclamation Marks, Apostrophes, Colons, Semi-Colons, Parentheses,
- Similes, Metaphors, Personification, Hyperbole, Homographs, Homophones, Rhetorical Questions, Proverbs and Adages,
- Plurals, Greek and Latin Root Words, Base Words, Prefixes, Suffixes,
PLUS 13 engaging writing prompts AND 21 writing challenges featuring the following text types/genre:
Uses in your classroom:
- Use as a follow-up activity after literacy skills teaching.
- Use as an independent activity as part of a literacy rotation.
- Use as a homework task.
- Use as an early finisher activity.
- Work through an activity sheet with a small group.
Other Super Skill Literacy Products:
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click here to FOLLOW us.
Stay in touch:
Follow us on Facebook
Take a peek behind the scenes with our Instagram
Pin with us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our Youtube channel