- Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and figurative language feature in this year-long resource. With activities, task cards, and assessments, you can cover the integral surface and deep feature skills required to become a proficient writer. This resource is presented in an easy, struc$84.00$59.99Save $24.01
- This bundle features our Literacy Skills Activity Pack, Figurative Language Multi-Choice Task Cards and our Literacy Skills Rules and Definitions Bundle. Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and figurative language feature in this year-long resource. JULY 2020 UPDATE: Literacy Skills p$43.00$32.00Save $11.00
Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and figurative language feature in this year-long resource. With activities, task cards, and an assessment, you can cover the integral surface and deep feature skills required to become a proficient writer. This resource is presented in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. This would be a handy resource for a relieving teacher too.
July 2020 UPDATE: 20 additional pages of activities have been added, including answers.
The Literacy Skills activity pack content is closely tied to the New Zealand Curriculum and will help to prepare your students to meet the requirements of the NZ Writing Standards and Literacy Progressions for Year 7 and 8. It also links to the Australian National Literacy Learning Progressions for Writing (Grammar and Punctuation).
**This product features NZ/AU/UK spelling and paper sizes**
Skills are introduced clearly and then revisited so your students can learn, practice and excel!
In our Literacy Skills Pack (Year 7 and 8) you will receive:
- 60 activity sheets featuring writing, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, figurative language, word work and vocabulary activities (one for each week of the school year).
- Answer sheets for each activity sheet
- A comprehensive teacher information pack explaining the purpose of the product, its suggested use and the literacy skill definitions and rules.
- A pre-test, with answers, to find out what your students already know.
- A Four definition and rule mini-posters for your students to refer to while using this product, and in their general writing time. These come in both colour and black and white!
- 20 Figurative Multi-Choice Challenge Task Cards
- 7 definition cards that explain the meaning of the various types of figurative language
- An answer key
- A student answer sheet.
- Introduces and revisits concepts.
- Student friendly-friendly superhero theme throughout!
- Assessment (and answers) provided!
- Covers the majority of Year 7/8 literacy progressions for writing.
Literacy Skills featured:
- Verbs, Verb Tenses, Ordering Adjectives, Conjunctions, Contractions, Prepositions, Precise Verbs
- Compound Sentences, Complex Sentences, Sentence Openers, Sentence Punctuation, Sentence Lengths
- Commas, Speech Marks, Question Marks, Exclamation Marks, Apostrophes, Colons, Semi-Colons, Parentheses,
- Similes, Metaphors, Personification, Hyperbole, Homographs, Homophones, Rhetorical Questions, Proverbs and Adages,
- Plurals, Greek and Latin Root Words, Base Words, Prefixes, Suffixes,
PLUS engaging writing prompts AND writing challenges featuring the following text types/genre:
Uses in your classroom:
- Use as a follow-up activity after literacy skills teaching.
- Use as an independent activity as part of a literacy rotation.
- Use as a homework task.
- Use as an early finisher activity.
- Work through an activity sheet with a small group.
Other Super Skill Literacy Products:
- After our Year 3 and 4 Literacy Skills pack? Click here!
- After our Year 5 and 6 Literacy Skills pack? Click here!
- Literacy Skills Rules and Definitions Poster Bundle
- Parts of Speech Posters
- Figurative Language Posters
- Mini Literacy Skills Rule and Definition Posters
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
Stay in touch: