This is an engaging and active way that students can practice the parts of speech. It will aid them in identifying the part of speech so students can begin to identify their functions in written language. This is basically your traditional relay race using the parts of speech. Students will compete in groups to sort the parts of speech.
* Great opener or closing to any language lesson
* Can be used in small group activity, or whole group activity
* Can be adapted easily to differentiate for multiple grade levels
* Allows students to exercise
* Instant engagement for all elementary ages
* Directions and multiple teaching ideas included with packet
* 36 word cards for each part of speech (noun, verb, adjective, adverb)
* Includes conjunction and pronoun cards as well as blank cards for students or teacher to add various parts of speech to the relay race.