Also included in
- You know your students desperately need help with your grammar, but where do you even begin? With this Grammar Lessons Bundle of course! Skip the prep and don't worry about sequencing--it's all done for you in this bundle of PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL grammar lessons!This bundle will give you everything$22.80$28.50Save $5.70
Are your students struggling to write in complete sentences? Even my high school seniors often can't tell the difference between long sentence fragments, short run-ons, and complete sentences! This PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL lesson is perfect for teaching or reviewing what makes a sentence "complete" and provides a great foundation for teaching more complex grammar topics later.
The included slideshow will explain subjects, predicates, and how to find them to students. As the lesson and slideshow progress, students will stop intermittently to complete activities on the included worksheets to reinforce the new information. After the lesson, they'll finish these worksheets.
The activities on the included worksheets aim to get students to access prior knowledge, identify different parts of sentences, and eventually create their own writing using complete sentences.
If students need to review any of the material in this lesson, they can refer back to the included Sentences Handout. After this lesson, all you'll have to do is tell students that their sentences are incomplete, and students will have the knowledge and tools to self-edit!
- Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Student Reference Handout (PDF)
- PARTIALLY-EDITABLE Google Slides Presentation
- Student Worksheets
- NON-EDITABLE Printable PDF
- EDITABLE Google Doc
- Answer Key (PDF)
The whole resource can be seen in the preview. Please look at the preview prior to purchase to ensure that this test will work for you and your students. Google Doc versions of the included worksheet may be formatted differently to better suit their digital nature but will include the same content.
Need an assessment for this lesson?
- FREE Coordinating Conjunctions Poster
- Why Grammar? Introductory Lesson
- Clauses and Sentence Types Lesson
- Verbals Lesson
- Apostrophes Lesson
- Colons Lesson
- Semicolons Lesson
- Hyphens and Dashes Lesson
- Commas Lesson
***This resource consists of editable and non-editable PDFs and Google files within a Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, is included in the preview.