Also included in
- Do your students sometimes struggle with the basics of the English language ? Are you looking for short activities that they could do on their own ? These activities deal with a vast part of the curriculum.As an ESL teacher, I often have students that really need help on specific topics - that is wh$53.60$89.50Save $35.90
Using “there is” or “there are” can be difficult for ESL students, especially if the equivalent structure in their native language is different. These worksheets and dominoes will help them practice using “there is”, “there are”.
This resource is part of the : worksheets and activities that can be used as additional activities or for your fast finishers. They deal with grammar, syntax, pronunciation… For each topic, you will get exercises and games.
Students will use “there + be” in sentences in the affirmative, negative and interrogative forms.
A reminder of how to use “there + be” properly is at the top of the worksheets. It is followed by 2 exercises:
- In the first one, students will fill in 8 sentences using there is or there are.
- In the second one, they will observe the picture of a bedroom, complete the 11 questions and answer. Example: “______ a desk? ___, _______.” => “Is there a desk ? Yes, there is.”
“How many drawers __________ ? ________” => ““How many drawers are there ? There are 4 drawers.”
The picture is on the worksheet, it is also included as a png file that you can project.
The second activity is a game of dominoes. It’s a set of 35 pieces, using 8 sentences and the corresponding illustrations. Dominoes are in color, you can choose to print them with or without a background.
The regular rules of dominoes apply. This game will help your students use “there is”, “there are” in a fun way. They usually really LOVE dominoes.
In the zip archive you will find:
- the worksheets and answer key in a pdf file
- A png file of the picture used in the 2nd worksheet
- the dominoes in another pdf file
This resource is designed for ESL students and young native speakers that have already studied “there + BE” and need extra practice.
If you are looking for more dominoes,
Just click on the Follow Me green star ✩ next to my store’s name. Every new product is 50% off for 24 hours. You don't want to miss this!
You can also follow me on , on or on !
This product is for your personal and your classroom use only.
It is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying or distributing for more than one teacher is strictly prohibited. Please read TOU included in the file.