Grammar Third Grade Activities: Subject & Predicate
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This has literally been a lifesaving purchase! … It's WAY better than I thought! My kids love it, I love it, and it's super easy, consistent, and FUN! If you do not own it, STOP waiting! You need this in your life =) - Loretta G. Our UPDATED third grade grammar units make teaching grammar a piecPrice $20.00Original Price $24.00Save $4.00
- This has literally been a lifesaving purchase! … It's WAY better than I thought! My kids love it, I love it, and it's super easy, consistent, and FUN! If you do not own it, STOP waiting! You need this in your life =) - Loretta G. Our UPDATED third grade grammar full-year bundle makes teaching grPrice $75.00Original Price $93.00Save $18.00
This has literally been a lifesaving purchase! … It's WAY better than I thought! My kids love it, I love it, and it's super easy, consistent, and FUN! If you do not own it, STOP waiting! You need this in your life =) - Loretta G.
Our UPDATED third grade grammar lesson on subjects and predicates makes teaching grammar a piece of cake. Grammar is so important for kids to understand, but it can be tough to teach. There are so many rules and exceptions. It’s easy to second-guess yourself. And let’s face it, grammar isn’t always a ton of fun.
But with these UPDATED & IMPROVED lessons, your students can become excellent grammarians in just 10 minutes a day! Each no-prep lesson comes complete with a full week of activities, including: a mini-lesson, interactive notebook activity (NOW with answer key), writing, task cards, and an assessment.
We’ve done all the planning and prep for you. Each lesson includes everything you need to teach, practice, and assess the weekly skill. Tricky grammar skills are broken down into bite-sized pieces. All you have to do is print and teach. And a JUST ADDED digital assessment makes weekly assessments a breeze. The digital assessment is editable, so you can customize it to meet your students’ needs.
***This UPDATED lesson is also part of a money-saving bundle. See the full-year !***
This resource is all about subjects and predicates: what they are and how to identify them. I designed this unit to help your students learn what subjects and predicates are—and retain that knowledge. The activities are simple to prep, and should only take about 10 minutes of class time. By the end of the week, your students will be able to confidently spot subjects and predicates at 50 paces!
- Detailed teacher instructions, including a recommended schedule for the week and instructions on how to use digital assessments
- A PowerPoint presentation for the mini lesson
- Student interactive notebook activity and JUST ADDED Answer Keys
- 24 task cards (NOW also in Black and white) and a recording sheet (with answer key)
- Assessment (with answer key)
- JUST ADDED: Editable digital assessment
- JUST ADDED: Interactive notebook activity answer keys
Please look at the preview to see what’s included.
How to Use it in the Classroom:
- Each week follows the same routine. This saves time and students know what to expect:
- Monday: Interactive PowerPoint mini lesson
- Tuesday: Interactive notebook activity
- Wednesday: Grammar writing assignment
- Thursday: Task card scoot
- Friday: Assessment
- PowerPoint lessons introduce students to a new grammar skill
- Interactive notebook activities include foldables and flaps that students manipulate to deepen conceptual understanding. Great for kinesthetic learners.
- Interactive notebooks feature simple cuts to keep the emphasis on grammar.
- A weekly writing prompt helps students apply new grammar skills.
- Choose from a printable or digital assessment.
- Digital assessment can be used in Google Classroom.
- Edit the digital assessment to meet your students’ needs.
- Materials Needed
- Notebook (composition or spiral)
There are many ways to differentiate this grammar lesson:
- Complete interactive notebook activities in small groups to provide additional support
- Allow students to use interactive notebooks as a reference during the writing activity or task cards
- Have students complete fewer task cards
- Move around the room with students who need additional support during the task card scoot
- Use the editable digital assessment to customize weekly assessments
❤️ ❤️ Why You’ll Love It: ❤️ ❤️
- No prep grammar resource is easy to implement
- Saves class time! Only takes 10 minutes a day!
- Interactive activities make grammar fun!
Q: Are there other third grade grammar lessons available?
A: Yes! You can see all of the third grade grammar lessons , or purchase this lesson as part of a money-saving .
Q: Do you have grammar lessons for other grades?
A: Yes! We have grammar lessons for , , and grades.
Q: Where do you have the students do the writing activity? In the same notebook as the notebook activity? Or a different notebook?
A: I have my students do it on the page next to their notebook activity.
Q: Do you have any suggestions for how to organize the grammar notebooks? Does this need to be a separate notebook from their writing journal?
A: My students don’t generally have enough room in the writing notebook to include grammar. But I did go ahead and split my reading notebook in half and use it for grammar and reading.
Q: Will the PowerPoints open properly on Google Slides? My school does not use Microsoft.
Q: Are the PowerPoint presentations editable?
A: I’m sorry. There is not an editable version of this resource at this time.
Q: How do I use the digital assessment?
A: This resource includes a PDF with links to the digital assessments. These are editable so you can customize them to meet your students' needs. Digital assessments work with Google Classroom.
Click HERE to find the third grade Unit 3 Bundle
Click HERE to see the year-long bundle
More Language Units