Grammar and Vocabulary Activities For K-2 Students
There are times when you worry that the lesson you plan won’t be effective or engaging for students. And with limited lesson planningtime, the busy SLP struggles to find resources that are based on ⭐evidence and easy to prep⭐.
The grammar and vocabulary lessons in this resource are designed to help students in grades K-2 make significant gains with their language skills in the areas of grammar and vocabulary.
Research shows that students with language impairments need to engage with a variety of verbs to make progress with the use of grammar markers. Furthermore, students with language delays need up to ⭐36 engagements with a vocabulary word before mastering it.⭐
This resource shares teaching methods that will increase your student’s expressive grammar and vocabulary skills. It also explains evidence-based practices for using conversational recasting, and explains how to increase your student’s depth of vocabulary knowledge.
You will feel more ❤️confident as an SLP using these activities❤️, knowing that they align with EBP. Nothing beats going into a session with an effective plan for treating a student’s goals.
Included in this grammar and vocabulary resource:
- Explanation of how to use this vocabulary/grammar resource and the benefits of using these activities.
- Verb action and vocabulary cards to play Go Fish, The Flashlight Game, or Memory.
- Verb action visuals to build sentences.
- 24 compare/contrast cards with common nouns.
- 60 vocabulary words with visuals to work on describing nouns by attributes.
- Matching adjectives to nouns.
- Matching actions to nouns.
- Third person singular visual sentence starter strips and 24 stimulus cards.
- Regular and singular and plural marker stimulus cards (30 included).
- Parts of speech visual poster.
If you love bringing themed literacy into the speech room and want extension activities to pair with those books, my seasonal grammar and vocabulary activities pair well with any book related to the season or holiday. Check them out by clicking the link below:
**************Stay Connected With Me***********************
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, requests, or comments!