It is no secret that teaching students social skills is critical to student success. I wanted to find a way to teach this important topic that is enjoyable for students (and teachers). Since baseball season is right around the corner, I thought that teaching social skills using a baseball theme would be a lot of fun. Students can have fun playing their own baseball (or softball) game while learning about manners, self-control, conversation skills, friendship, and good sportsmanship. Who says learning can’t be fun?!
Included in this packet: over 150 Game Cards!!
• Game Board (one for teams and one for individual use)
• Game die
• Game pieces (1 boy: red, 1 girl: blue, 1 boy and girl: black line)
• 5 Categories of questions: All-Star Manners (36), Championship Communication (36), Good Sportsmanship (24), Home Run Friendship (36), Grand Slam Self-Control (36)
• Blank Card Sheet (to make your own questions for the game)
• Game Instructions
• 6 different Baseball sticker incentive behavior (or social skills) charts (an added bonus!)
• Social skills student tracking sheet (to track progress toward specific skills taught during the game)
I hope that you enjoy the game as much as I have had creating it!