A great story to add to your geometry and tangram study- or a wonderful story about friendship to add to a literature study! This 36 page book response journal includes graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, and story elements that include:
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- Comprehension questions
After Reading Activities:
- Character traits – beginning and end of story
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to a character
- Main Idea
- Reader's response writing prompts
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards for students
- ABC order of vocab. words
- Adjective find
- Important Nouns
-Author’s Viewpoint graphic organizer
-Focus wall vocab cards
-Story sequencing cards
Can be used in large, small and individual settings. Pages can be used individually or as a packet. Also useful for assessment.
Thank you for considering this work!