I created this packet for those rare occasions when I treat my students to chocolate chip cookies. Yes, this absolutely involves COOKIES! Read the story and questions carefully before you commit, because there is definitely BAKING involved!
- Grandmother’s recipe (for teacher and students)
- An optional fill-in copy of Grandmother’s recipe
- A reading selection (three pages) with margins for close reading notes
- Eight math problems involving time, arrays, percent, fractions, decimals, basic operations, and estimation
- Four short answer questions requiring use of textual evidence
Pick and choose which activities and questions you want to use with your class.
Time: 2-3 hours - depending on what you decide to use, age and ability, plus the time it takes to bake the cookies. Enjoy!