Research shows us that students can learn as much from using a graphic novel to learn from as they can from a regular novel! Using a graphic novel, however allows for students to gain greater information based on the illustrations and pictures. This can help your reluctant writer/ reader to become engaged in the learning process.
This bundle contains the assignments that are connected with the graphic novel powerpoint presentation in my TPT store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Graphic-Novels-Powerpoint-Presentation-3934293
• Lesson plans to introduce the graphic novel
• Exit pass one: The similarities and differences between graphic novels and comics and an answer key for the exit pass.
• Graphic novel vocabulary lesson two
• Graphic novel vocabulary organizer and note taker (based on the powerpoint presentation) and a key.
• Graphic novel word wall words
• Lesson three on symbols, colors, balloons and boxes
• Emotion words for lesson four
• Vocabulary Quiz and key
• Graphic Novel Book Report Assignment
• Graphic Novel Character Assignment based on “Diary of A Wimpy Kid” (any of the films work but I have used "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules" in the past).
• Graphic Novel Assignment Rubric
• Graphic Novel Assignment
• What makes a good superhero paragraph writing (also sold separately but bundled here for you to use).
• My Favorite superhero paragraph writing (also sold separately but bundled here for you to use).
For extra character study assignments you can also add the Original Batman Film Study Guide