Help your students read graphic novels with purpose and analyze them more deeply with this Graphic Novels Before and After Reading Teaching Activity Bundle.
Included in this bundle is a PowerPoint to explain the basics of graphic novels to your students, including:
* the characteristics of graphic novels
* the features of graphic novels
* how to read a graphic novel
* the types of conventions authors use in graphic novels
* and some basic tips to remember while reading a graphic novel.
Also included are two versions of a note-taking graphic organizer to accompany the PowerPoint.
Included as well is an after-reading activity. When your students finish reading their graphic novel, have them extend their knowledge by creating a graphic novel page(s) of their own. 15 blank comic templates are included, as well as an assignment description page and a scoring rubric.
I welcome your questions and feedback!