FULLY EDITABLE - Now, you can be sure you are meeting the standards with every informational text with 38 pages worth of graphic organizers... all aligned with the Common Core Reading Standards.
The graphic organizers are:
* organized by standards
* aligned with the benchmarks for the current grade AND all previous grades to offer more of a complete picture of what students should be able to apply to texts
* require close reading/re-reading
* meant to be used with short texts or short excerpts of longer texts for deeper engagement
* usable as prewriting or prespeaking notes (sample writing assignments are provided for each organizer)
This set of graphic organizers for informational texts includes such skills as:
* Backing claims about the text using direct & inferential evidence
* Discovering the central idea
* Exploring the author's use of language (denotation, connotation, figurative language, sound devices, symbols, allusions, and more)
* Examining the text structure in outline form (with another organizer for analyzing the completed outline)
* Examining the text structure of a specific paragraph (looking at patterns of organization and types of supporting details)
* 2 pages of questions about point of view and purpose
... and much more.
Please note: Graphic organizers for each grade build on those from previous grades. As a general rule, if you teach multiple grades, the set of graphic organizers for the higher grade level should be sufficient. For example, the 11th grade set would be too difficult for 7th graders, but the 8th grade set should be fine.
Please purchase graphic organizers for multiple grade levels at your discretion. In each case, I have included a preview file that provides a table of contents.
*** Also, available:
Graphic Organizers for Common Core Reading Standards (11-12): Literature
- 37 pages worth!
*** Save with a bundle:
Graphic Organizers for Common Core Reading Standards (11-12):Lit & Informational
- 75 pages worth!