Here is a collection of graphic organizers I have created to teach the elements of story to my students. They are designed to be used with any narrative.
1. Box and T-Chart for Compare and Contrast page 3
2. Point of View Analysis page 4
3. Track Your Changes in Thinking page 5
4. Elements and Events – Story Map page 6
5. Character Traits Analysis page 7
6. Strengths and Weaknesses page 8
7. Main Idea page 9
8. Theme page 10
9. Vocabulary Word List page11
If your school is like mine, you may be restricted to using only so many copies. Many of these organizers may be drawn on notebook paper or into a reading notebook. When copied half-size they fit nicely into composition notebooks.