3 Day Lesson on graphical representations and random samples Scientific Notation. With full lesson plan, activities and 3 Smart notebook files
• write a number in scientific notation when given the number in standard decimal notation and vice versa.
• write or choose the appropriate scientific notation number to match the situation.
• Interpret scientific notation format on a graphing calculator.
• calculate the mean absolute deviation of no more than 10 data points.
• compare the variability between two data sets using the mean absolute deviation.
• interpret the mean absolute deviation for a set of data.
• describe the characteristics a random sample must have to represent a population.
• justify if a random sample represents a population.
• use a simulation to generate random samples.
- With technology
- Without technology