Graphing, Graphing PowerPoint, Graphing notes for teacher, Graphing notes for students, Graphing practice problems
Graphing, Tabling and Analyzing Data PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student. This 31-slide PowerPoint teaches the lessons of creating data tables, constructing graphs, and analyzing data.
Suitable for students in grades 7 - 12.
In this age of standardized tests, it is imperative that students be strong critical thinkers. The science reasoning section of the ACT is primarily reading tables and graphs and forming conclusions based on these tables and graphs.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is included in my Science Skills Mega-Bundle of 61 files.
The bundle contains 61 different files on science skills, including metric system, scientific method, scientific notation, graphing, significant digits and more.
This product is an in-depth lesson on creating data tables, learning to interpret graphs, and learning to construct graphs of all types. Your download will include a 31-slide PowerPoint presentation that is colorful, informative and visually stimulating, 6 pages of notes for the teacher, and a 6 page notes outline for the students.
Topics covered by the PowerPoint include:
1. Introduction to graphing, the need for tabling and graphing, and overview of lesson.
2. Interpreting Graphs: Given a line graph, students will answer 10 problem solving and critical thinking questions pertaining to the graph. Given a bar graph, students will answer 5 problem solving and critical thinking questions pertaining to the graph.
3. Given sample data, students will organize the data on a data table.
4. Line Graphs: Students will receive instruction on the rules of constructing a line graph. Grids are provided on student handouts so that students can complete the practice problems during the PowerPoint presentation.
5. Bar graphs: Students will receive instruction on the rules of constructing a bar graph. Grids are provided on student handouts so that students can complete the practice problems during the PowerPoint presentation.
6. Students will complete a circle graph.
7. The lesson ends with 5 analysis questions.
These materials are appropriate for grades 6 - 10. You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf form of the notes.
The teacher will receive a complete set of notes. The students will receive a notes outline. The student will fill in their outline as the lesson is being presented through the PowerPoint presentation.
You might also be interested in the following related products:
Homework: Graphing Practice Problems
Lab: Using a Graph to Find Area
Introduction to Science: 34 Warm ups, bell ringers, or inserts for science interactive notebooks
Science Skills Reinforcement: Graphing, Applying the Scientific Method, Experimental Design, and Scientific Writing
Scientific Method Homework / Study Guide
Science Skills Worksheet and PowerPoint: Comparing and Contrasting
Introduction to Biology: A Complete Unit Plan of 20 Products
Enzymes: Graphing and Critical Thinking, Problem Solving Worksheet
Science Skills Lab: Student Designed Lab in Applying the Scientific Method
Applying the Scientific Method and Scientific Writing
What's in a Name? A Study of Biological Prefixes and Suffixes
Scientific Method Task Cards
Common Core Science: Informational Reading Task Cards for ANY Science Reading Passage
Graphic Organizer for Writing Science Lab Reports
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)