Also included in
- The Deconstruct an Experiment (Critical Thinking) packets include Google doc versions and the Graphing with Content packets can be used as TpT Digital Activities.DECONSTRUCT AN EXPERIMENT BUNDLEStudents learn the basic structure of a controlled experiment by analyzing experiments done by their peers$17.00$19.33Save $2.33
- COMPLETE UNIT ON CONTROLLED EXPERIMENTS, GRAPHING DATA AND DATA ANALYSISAll of the resources either have a Google doc version or can be used as a TpT Digital Activity.1. Three Lessons on Deconstructing the Parts of a Controlled Experiment - experimental questions, hypotheses, variables, data analysi$23.00$26.31Save $3.31
- Each instructional worksheet has embedded directions - works great for independent/distance learning!This is a set of 5 mini-lessons/instructional worksheets that scaffold the skills of graphing and data analysis while building students’ background knowledge. Students will graph and analyze scientif$9.32$10.36Save $1.04
Practice Graphing & Analyzing Data II: To which country are Ruby-throated hummingbirds most likely to migrate?
This is lesson 4 of a series of 5 instructional worksheets that scaffold the skills of graphing and data analysis while building background knowledge. Rather than graphing meaningless data, your students will graph and analyze scientifically meaningful data based on real-world research on wild birds.
Skills and content for Practice Graphing & Analyzing Data II:
1. Scaffolding for making a double-bar graph; including prompts for choosing intervals and labeling axes.
2. Calculating percentages of a total and using data as evidence to support conclusions.
3. Experimental design analysis such as determining independent and dependent variables, variables held constant and forming research questions.
Instruction is built into the worksheet – Based on your students’ experience with graphing, analysis and understanding variables you can determine whether they can work independently or need direct instruction for this activity.
Continue to teach graphing, data analysis and experimental design, with increasing challenge, by getting all 5 worksheets:
1. Learning to Graph & Analyze Data I
When do Dark-Eyed Juncos Visit Bird Feeders?
2. Learning to Graph & Analyze Data II
How does the number of nesting pairs change from year to year?
3. Practice Graphing & Analyzing Data I
Do woodpeckers prefer seeds or suet?
4. Practice Graphing & Analyzing Data II
To which country are Ruby-throated hummingbirds most likely to migrate?
5. Assessment: Graphing & Analyzing Data
How far might a Peregrine falcon migrate?
Get all 5 lessons for a discount - go to Graphing with Content: 5 Lesson Packet