* Download the preview for details! *
This 2-day lesson includes 4 pages of guided notes and 2 one-page assignments.
Students learn about absolute value functions in the order below. They will:
- Be reminded what absolute value means
- Discover the shape of an absolute value function
- Discover the effects of adding or subtracting a constant value inside or outside the absolute value symbols
- Use these discoveries to graph translated absolute value functions (without the use of tables)
- On day two, discover the effects of multiplying by a constant term (reflections, stretches, and shrinks)
- Graph even more functions without the use of tables
* This lesson leads well into Function Transformations
Answer key is included!