Engage your students in graphing! In this three-part activity, students work together to create a human graph and a picture graph. Then each student completes a bar graph of birthdays in the class. Kids love the active learning, and the adorable owl theme graphics by Clementine Digitals will really jazz up your classroom walls!
• Step One: Give instructions for human bar graph
• Step Two: Create a human bar graph
• Step Three: Create a picture graph
• Step Four: Review picture, bar, and line graphs
• Step Five: Introduce labeling x- and y-axes
• Step Six: Create bar graphs*
*Two versions of the bar graph activity are available. To challenge your most able learners (or your entire class), provide a blank graph and instructions for adding titles, labels, and data. For less independent learners, use the graph that’s already titled and labeled.
Click on the Preview button above for a peek at what’s included:
• Two pages of lesson plans
• A full-color sample of the picture graph bulletin board
• Colorful owl-themed month labels for the picture graph
• Colorful cupcakes for the picture graph
• Colorful key for picture graph
• Colorful owl-themed title for picture graph
• Colorful owl-themed title page to display with students’ bar graphs
• Bar graph instructions
• Bar graph (with no labels or titles)
• Bar graph (with labels and titles)
It's all ready to use. Just print, cut, and go.
I hope your students love this as much as mine do!