This activity is designed to review graphing circles in general form (or writing equation from the graph). This activity also gets students up and about.
Equations in standard form x^2 + y^2 +Ax +By +C = 0
Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should graph the equation on the bottom of the page (or write equation for the graph at the top). After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they work the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
This item includes:
- 2 versions of the activity (one with 12 cards, one with 6 cards)
- Absent Student Pages (all cards on 2 sheets)
- Student Answer Sheets for both version
-Detailed Keys for both versions
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work
- Formative Assessment (student know immediately if they are working the problems correctly)