This activity is designed to help students with graphing cube root functions by shifting the parent graph..
Students can graph by shifting the parent function: Cube Root horizontally and/or vertically, or by using a table of values.
This activity also gets students up and about. Place the 10 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with, then graph the function on the bottom of the page. After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they graph the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Option 2: Have the student start with the graph and write an equations to match the graph. The student then continues
until they return to the card they started with.
Included are 2 versions of this activity.
* One with 10 cards for use as a walk-around activity.
* A shorter version with only 5 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
* Plus an absent student page with all the graphs printed on just 2 pages so they can complete at home.
* Key to both activity
* Student Response Pages
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Bell work