This is a 'READY TO GO' packet with everything you need except your own class list! Students survey peers and create graphs from the data. GREAT September activity.
Here is an overview of the activity...
SURVEY/DATA COLLECTION WITH A PARTNER
• Students are put into pairs to survey their classmates on a given question.
• Students can make up their own question or use one of the 17 pre-made question forms.
• Students mingle around the room asking their question.
• Give students a class list to help them mark off peers they have surveyed.
GRAPHING SURVEY RESULTS
• Students can use the graph template or make their own graphs.
• Display class data graphs on the wall so students can draw conclusions about their data.
• As a class write some conclusion statements.
• Write conclusions in math journals.
• Survey other classes and compare data across classrooms and/or grade levels.
* Activity Explanation pg.2
* Survey Question Forms pg. 3-19
17 Questions such as 'What time do you go to bed?', 'How many siblings do you have?', 'Are you a dog or a cat person?', 'Do you sleep with the sheets tucked in or untucked?' etc...
* Forms to write your own questions pg. 20-23
Form templates include write a question with two responses, write a question with three responses, write a question with 6 responses, and write a question with 12 responses.
* Graph template numbered to 36 by 2's and allows for graphing up to 16 responses.