The graphing escape room is an immersive experience for your students. It allows them to demonstrate their knowledge of graphing, dependent variables, and independent variable in a fun and engaging format.
TEKS: 6.8 D - measure and graph changes in motion
NGSS: MS Crosscutting Concepts: patterns; cause and effect; scale, proportion, and quantity; structure and function; stability and change
MS PS3-1 - Construct and interpret graphical displays of data to describe the relationships of kinetic energy to the mass of an object and to the speed of an object.
Story graph shows positive and negative slope, but emphasis is not placed on slope itself or the mass/speed relationship
A Unique Escape Room Experience:
Unlike many escape rooms, the teacher is in total control on which of the 8 puzzles they want to use and in which order to use them. Each puzzle is independent of the others. This is great for shorter or longer class periods.
Save $$ and Buy the Bundle
Science Escape Room Bundle
What Materials Will I Need?
The escape room can be run in several different ways. The cheapest and easiest method is to use manila envelopes for the puzzles (all directions provided).
For a more authentic escape room each group will need the following:
- One Lockout Hasp
- One, 4-digit locks
- Four, 3-digit locks
- One storage box that includes a place for the lockout hasp
Both methods will need the following:
- All printed materials (included)
- Manila envelopes
- Xacto knife
- UV pens or blacklight alternative (link provided)
What's Included in the Product?
- Teacher directions
- Detailed answer key for each puzzle
- Student answer key
- Digital answer key (google form) that is great for 1:1 or Google classrooms. Replaces paper answer key if you choose, but not necessary
- Video challenge to set the mood for the challenge
- 8 unique puzzles with all printable props
- A list of over 50 ideas for prizes
- Reward templates
- 30 unique signs to hold up for the picture at the end (plus, editable template)
Your students will be talking about this one for weeks.