Subject Areas: Food Groups, Graphing, Small Group, Guided Math, Collaboration, Nutrition, Health
This is a graphing activity where students will practice collaborating as they:
- sort foods into food groups
- tally the amount of foods in each group
- create a bar graph
- analyze data by answering questions about the graph
This can be done in small group guided math or used as group/partner work.
- Prepare 5 ziplock or paper bags. Tape or glue a character picture to the front of the bag.
- Cut out foods and separate into bags.
Each Group Should Get:
- Character bags with food inside.
- Tally/Graph Paper
- Discussion Questions