This activity is designed to help students with graphing vertical, horizontal and y=mx equations. This activity also gets students up and about.
Option 1: Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should graph the equation from the bottom of the page. After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they graph the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Included are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 12 cards
- A shorter version with only 6 cards
This package includes:
- 2 Versions of the activity (6 and 12 Cards)
- Absent Student Pages for both version (all graphs printed on 1 to 2 pages)
- 2 student answer sheets(per version): One that includes graph paper, and another with just boxes.
- Detailed Key
Differentiated activity or formative assessment
-This activity allow student to self check. This will reduce the "Did I graph this correct" questions and allow you to spend more time with struggling students.
- Use the smaller 5 card set for students that need modified assignments.
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work
- Can be used as a differentiated assignment