Purpose of activity
This activity is designed to help students with graphing a linear equations in slope intercept form (or for writing linear equations from graphs). This activity also gets students up and about.
Option 1: Place the 10 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should graph the function from the bottom of the page. After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they graph the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Option 2: Have the student start with the graph and write an equations to match the graph. Then continue until they return to the card they started with.
Included are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 10 cards for use as a walk-around activity
- A shorter version with only 5 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets(per version): One that includes graph paper, and another with just boxes.
Differentiated activity or formative assessment
-This activity allow student to self check. This will reduce the "Did I graph this correct" questions and allow you to spend more time with struggling students.
- Use the smaller 5 card set for students that need modified assignments.
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work
- Can be used as a differentiated assignment