This file contains 10 Scavenger Hunts over Graphing Linear Equations
(or Graphing Linear Functions, depending on your local standards).
A scavenger hunt is a more engaging and mobile alternative to just giving the students a worksheet. Each Scavenger Hunt contains between 10 and 14 problems.
The Scavenger Hunts in this pack are listed below:
1. Graphing Linear Functions
2.Find X and Y Intercepts
3. Find Slope from Graphs
4.Find Slope given 2 points (Easier Problems)
5.Find Slope given 2 points (Harder Problems)
6.Find Slope and Y-Intercept from Equations
7.Linear Equations using Slope and One Point
8.Equations of Parallel Lines
9.Equations of Perpendicular Lines
10.Graphing Linear Equations Review
When you download this, you will notice there are 11 files. The reason for this being, Graphing Linear Equations has two versions. (One includes Native Americans and one does not.) I received feedback once that said it was offensive, so I wanted to give people options. The theme is Thanksgiving, so I wanted to include it, as well, because I don't find it offensive, just an important aspect of our history and a group of people that should be recognized.) :)
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall
3) The 1st slide is your key so don't post that one :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a _different_ sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started.
5) Have students write down what the picture is for each question, as they go,so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when they think they're lost), so you can check it against your answer key.
Each different scavenger hunt has a different theme ranging from insects to jobs to cars and more.