PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1.68 MB | 23 pages
Graphs included nonlinear equations (quadratics and square roots)
This activity is designed to help students with graphing piecewise-defined functions (or with writing them). This activity also gets students up and about.
Place the 10 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should graph the function on the bottom of the page (or write a piecewise-defined function for the graph at the top). After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they work the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
This item includes:
- 2 versions of the activity (one with 10 cards, one with 5 cards)
- Absent Student Version (10 graphs on 2 pages)
- Student Answer Sheets for both version
- Keys for both versions
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work