Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.09 MB | 7 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard 8.EE.5. They will graph proportional relationships and interpret the unit rate as the slope of the graph. Students will learn to compare two different proportional relationships represented in different ways. Students look at examples of real-world rates and are guided through finding the unit rate using various strategies. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos or texts
• 6 links to practice quizzes or activities
• Definitions of key terms, such as unit rate and slope
• Visual examples of tables and graphs and how to use them to find the rate
• An example of how to find slope and rate
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• A review of key terminology
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as unit rates
• Links to video tutorials for students struggling with certain parts of the standard, such as confusing the change in x for the change in y