This is mastery level activity. Student graph quadratic functions in any form:
- vertex form f(x)= a(x-h)^2+k
- standard form f(x)= ax^2+bx+c
- intercept(factored) form f(x)= a(x-p)(x-q)
Graphs will have integers values for the vertex and the a-value = 1
This activity is designed to help students with graphing quadratic equations or functions in any format. This activity also gets students up and about.
Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should graph the function on the bottom of the page. After graphing on their own paper, students look around the room for a graph that matches theirs. Then they graph the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Included in this purchase are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 12 cards for use as a walk-around activity
- Absent Student Page (all 12 graphs on 2 sheets)
- A shorter version with only 6 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
- To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets: One that includes blank graphs, and another with just boxes.
- One blank 15 by 15 graph paper
No surprises here, view the preview to see exactly what you are purchasing.
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work