This quiz ask numerous questions about the standard form of a quadratic equation as well as asking students to identify the vertex and axis of symmetry of an equation and to graph the equations.
Sample of Questions:
4. What is standard form of a quadratic function?
5. When ‘a’ is positive, the graph of a quadratic function will open ___________________
When ‘a’ is negative, the graph of a quadratic function will open ___________________
6. Order the quadratic functions y = 5x2, y = –4x2, and y = 2x2 from widest to narrowest
7. What affect does ‘c’ have on the graph of a quadratic function, y = ax2 + c?
8. All quadratic equations are U-shaped graphs called ______
There are 17 questions total and it is a word document so you may add or delete as needed.
The quiz is basic, but I like to start here then move into the fact the x-intercepts are the solutions to the equation then move onto factoring.