Graphing Sine and Cosine - Phase Shift and Vertical Shift
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Your students will master Graphing Sine and Cosine with this full unit bundle! This unit bundle includes everything you need to teach lessons that build in difficulty, review past knowledge, and come complete with notes, classwork, and homework! Students will successfully identify characteristics oPrice $9.28Original Price $14.50Save $5.22
- Your students will master Graphing Trig Functions with this full unit bundle! This graphing trig functions unit bundle includes everything you need to teach lessons that build in difficulty, review past knowledge, and come complete with notes, classwork, and homework! Students will successfully idenPrice $17.40Original Price $29.00Save $11.60
Graphing Sine and Cosine - Phase Shift and Vertical Shift is a full no-prep lesson designed to provide quality content for your students! You will introduce the definitions of phase shift and vertical shift. By the end of the lesson, students will be able to find the phase shift and vertical shift from an equation or by reading a graph. Students will also be able to graph sine and cosine functions with horizontal and vertical shifts. This lesson is just what you need if you are looking for notes, classwork, and homework on graphing sine and cosine. All the prep work is done for you, just do what you do best - teach!
- Find the phase shift and vertical shift from an equation
- Find the phase shift and vertical shift by reading a graph
- Identify characteristics of sine and cosine functions (amplitude, period, phase shift, vertical shift) and then graph.
This Graphing Sine and Cosine - Phase Shift and Vertical Shift lesson is a downloadable pdf which includes:
- Introduce the definitions of phase shift and vertical shift
- Demonstrate how to find the phase shift and vertical shift from an equation or a graph
- Demonstrate how to graph sine and cosine functions
- Classwork - 9 questions
- Homework - 8 Questions
- All answer keys
This resource is part of the Graphing Sine and Cosine Bundle. It is appropriate for students who are learning to graph sine and cosine functions for the first time. It can also make a good extra practice to fill some gaps for struggling students.
Do you need a break from all the prep work? Just print this resource and you’re ready to go. Answer keys are provided!
The best part? This lesson has been used in a real classroom with approximately 45 minute periods. Adjust to your schedule as necessary.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU LOVE SAVING TIME WITH NO PREP LESSONS! See what they said.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kathye said, “LOVE LOVE LOVE this. breaks this topic into easy pieces.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Michelle said, “My students appreciate well-organized notes.”
⭐️ Bundle & save 20% ⭐️
Purchase the Graphing Sine and Cosine Bundle to get this pack plus Amplitude and Period, Writing Equations in Terms of Sine and Cosine, study guides and quiz … and more!
→ Graphing Sine and Cosine - Self-Checking Digital Worksheet
→ Trig Coordinate Plane Clip Art
You can earn TpT store credits by leaving feedback on your purchases! Just click on "My Purchases" under "Buy"!
Copyright © Rise and Sine.
This file is to be used by the buyer only. If you intend to collaborate with colleagues please add the appropriate amount of licenses to your order. This file can only be shared with students through secure avenues (Google Classroom, e-mail, password protected sites) and should not be posted on public websites such as a district webpage. Not for use on commercial platforms.